- 2-3 lbs chuck roast (shoulder) cut into big chunks
- 2 carrots peeled and sliced (or use about 10-15 baby carrots)
- 2 turnip roots peeled and diced
- 3/4 of an onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 oz tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire
- pinch of sugar
- 2-3 cups beef stock (3 cups if you like it soupy)
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Add all ingredients to a slow cooker (Crock Pot) and stir together well. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
This a such a delicious, hearty stew. It's great for those of you who work full time jobs like me who still want to cook a good meal. I cut/prepared all of my ingredients the night before and kept them refrigerated. When I was just about to leave for work, I added everything to my slow cooker, and turned it on low. It was completely ready when I got home.
- 2 medium or large russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Garlic salt and black pepper to taste
Peel and cut potatoes into cubes. Boil potatoes about 10 min. They should be easy to poke with a fork when done. Drain the potatoes. Add all ingredients to a pot and mash with a potato masher. Mix well with a spoon.
Serve with beef stew over the creamy mashed potatoes. Enjoy!
Origin: Inspired by this recipe: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2013/01/sunday-night-stew/