- 1 whole green bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic diced/minced
- 3 celery stalks chopped
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of Tony Chachere's seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Cheyenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk
- water as needed
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 6 oz pepper jack cheese cubes
- 1 to 1 1/2 lbs crawfish tails (mine were leftover from a crawfish boil and were already seasoned)
- 3/4 of 16oz package of fettuccini noodles
Melt margarine & olive oil together in large skillet on medium heat. Add onion, garlic, peppers, and celery cooking until tender. Add flour & seasonings, stirring for about 2 minutes. Stir in milk; cooking until thickened. Add soup & cheese stirring until it is mixed well and cheese is melted. Add crawfish and cook a few more minutes allowing all ingredients to mix together well. Cook fettuccini as directed on box. Pour sauce over noodles and serve.
I have also used frozen non-seasoned crawfish tails that I placed in a ziploc bag with seasoned water. I seasoned the water with Zatarain's crawfish/crab boil dry seasoning, cayenne pepper, hot sauce, and Tony's Chachere's. I let them soak for 6 hours in seasoned water in the fridge.
*You could also get creative with the type of soup you use. You could use cream of celery instead of cream of mushroom, or interchange it with anything you think would pair well.