- 4 center cut pork chops (or any pork chop will do)
- 1 cup plus 1/4 cup orange juice divided
- 1/2 cup plus 1/4 cup lime juice divided
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup of my "Ruby Vinaigrette" salad dressing
- 1-2 tablespoons corn starch
Marinate the pork chops in plastic bag with 1 cup orange juice, 1/2 cup lime juice, and vinegar at least 1 hour (can marinate overnight).
In small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup orange juice, 1/4 cup lime juice, and 1/4 cup Ruby Vinaigrette and turn heat to low/medium on stove. Let the juices begin to warm. Then, put 1 tablespoon of cornstarch in a different small bowl with 2 tablespoons of water and mix well (no lumps). Add the corn starch liquid to the juices on the stove and mix well. After about 5 min, if it isn't thick enough, add another tablespoon of corn starch liquid (1 tbsp corn starch mixed in 2 tbsp of water) to the pot. You want the consistency to be somewhat thick like a syrup. Keep this on low heat until you are ready to top your pork chops and occasionally stir the pot.
In small mixing bowl, combine all dried spices (mix well). Pat the pork chops dry and rub each side generously with the dried spices. Grill each pork chop to your liking. I like mine well done with a little char around the edges. I grilled mine at 400 degrees for about 10-12 min on each side. Plate your chops and top with the citrus reduction sauce. I paired mine with grilled okra (see recipe in side dishes section).
Origin: Derived from: Guy Fieri "Cuban Pork Chops with Mojo"