Broiled Speckle Trout with Blue Cheese Cream Sauce
- 2 speckled trout fillets (or any other mild fish)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour (with 1 tablespoon of Tony's Chachere's added and mixed into flour)
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons Tony's Chachere's
- 3 tablespoons Panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Pour milk in one bowl. Pour flour mixture onto a plate. Mix Parmesan cheese, Tony's, panko, pepper, and olive oil together in a bowl and then pour onto a plate. Dip fillets in milk, then flour, then milk again, and then press each filet into cheese/panko mixture on each side making sure the surface of the fish is almost completely covered. Place each filet on a baking sheet covered with foil and into oven on broil 3 min on each side (on oven rack directly in middle of oven). The crust of the fish should look golden brown.
Blue Cheese Cream Sauce
- 1.5 teaspoons of sour cream
- 2 tablespoons greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Riesling vinegar or any white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2-3 oz blue cheese crumbles
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy cream
Add all ingredients to a small pot and heat over low-medium heat for 7-10 min stirring occasionally.
After fish is cooked and plated, add cream sauce on top of fish and serve. I served with green beans and garlic bread. I just butter bread and sprinkle with garlic powder and garlic salt and bake until toasted.
Origin: http://www.eccentriccharters.net/redfish-speckled-trout-recipes.htm (for fish)
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/blue-cheese-dressing-recipe/index.html (for sauce)