- 2-3 lbs chuck roast (shoulder) cut into big chunks
- 2 carrots peeled and sliced
- 2 turnip roots peeled and diced
- 3/4 of an onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 oz tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire
- pinch of sugar
- 2-3 cups beef stock (3 cups if you like it soupy)
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Add all ingredients to a slow cooker (Crock Pot) and stir together well. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
This a such a good hearty stew. It's great for those of you who work full time like me who still want to cook a good meal. I cut/prepared all of my ingredients the night before and refrigerated. When I was just about to leave for work, I added everything to my slow cooker, and turned it on low and headed out the door. It was completely ready when I got home.