Bacon & Cheese Crusted Chicken
- 2 Chicken breasts (cut in half length wise "butterfly" style)
Marinade: (for 4 chicken breast halves)
- 2 tablespoons Grey Poupon
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1/2 of a lemon (juice)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Cavender's seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Mix ingredients for marinade in a large bowl and add chicken. Marinate in refrigerator 1-3 hours (or overnight).
Crust: (for 2 chicken breast halves) (I only cooked 2 breast halves at a time)
- 5 pieces of bacon (I use packaged already cooked bacon)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Ranch dry mix
Bake bacon 350 degrees until crispy on baking sheet lined with aluminum foil with a sheet of paper towel on top of foil and under bacon. Dab bacon with paper towel once out of the oven. Let cool. Crumble bacon on a plate with cheese. Mix bacon & cheese well and spread evenly on a plate. Lay each piece of chicken on plate and pat down onto bacon/cheese with a fork. Flip and pat the other side of the chicken with a fork. Place on baking sheet (topping chicken with rest of leftover bacon/cheese mix). Sprinkle a little dry Ranch mix on top of each chicken breast. Bake at 375 degrees 20 min.
I baked 2 breast halves one night. I left the other 2 in the marinade in the fridge until the next night and baked them on the 2nd night.